Thursday, April 03, 2008

WTF moment

So, I went to the lecture, Not in the Name of God: Questioning 60 Years of Israeli State's Atrocities with Rabbi Dovid Weiss. His argument is that Zionism is abusing Judaism to get a country for Jews. So, they are both different, which is good so far. He goes on and on about how Judaism is against Israel; such arguments that are very powerful in proving to the general public that Zionists are there just for the land.

The most interesting thing, and most important argument of his, is that the problem in the Middle East is that the existence of Israel. Well, he is right. He follows up on that conclusion that the solution to a problem is to kill the real cause of the problem. So, unless Israel is dismantled, there will be no peace. He said that Jews lived better in Muslim societies than otherwise.

My WTF moment came about when I started noticing, not only some Zionist Jews disagreeing with him, but the my the Muslims there, too! I though, WTF. WTF. WTF.

Their comments were along the lines of, "how is this helping? how?"
Or, "how is this going to help the situation there? and how do you expect all jews in Israel to go back to exile!?"
I thought to myself, seriously! WTF! He is talking doing. The whole god damn world thinks Palestinians are some parasite people annoying Israel, just because they "hate Jews." That is not EFFIN true. If the world is educated about the issue, no body supports Israel no more. That is real solution.

The guy's argument is simple. The problem is Israel. The solution is get rid of Israel. So, when they disagree. They are either disagreeing with the first or second statement. In either case, I am more shocked.

I left the lecture laughing, and swinging my umbrella.




2 comments:

Arwa said...

Cool ,the coolest post I've ever read about 'that' issue :D !

well ,can't you post more about this ?how did you knew about that lecture ,and why you went there from the first place :\ ?

consider me a new reader :P
nice blog ,btw.

Corporate Nomad said...

salam Arwa,

I am glad you like this blog, and this post. Thank you for the nice words.

Not sure what do you want me to post more, may be you can ask in specific. Why did I go? I guess knowledge is power(?) It's always just as beneficial to hear the other's argument, whether one agree or not.